Nest: Day 66
An entryway cleaning and clearing checklist.
Here’s a list of things to attend to as you’re picking up and fixing up your walkways, front porch, and entry hall. These are just ideas. Customize to fit your own needs.
- Move tricycles, hoses, and other accidents waiting to happen off the path to your door.
- Trim bushes impeding the way in.
- Hose down the sidewalks and front porch and sweep cobwebs down.
- Do a little upkeep on the front landscape.
- Do you really need those lawn ornaments?
- Wash bird feeders and bird baths.
- Clean the front door and the front door windows.
- Make a note to repaint front door if necessary.
- If your front door is sticky or squeaks, repair it.
- If you have pots outside your front door, make sure there are healthy plants in them.
- If you don’t have pots flanking your front door, why not invest in two and fill them with something lovely (and preferably alive)?
- If you can see inside your house from the front entry, clean up and clear out those areas or block them from view.
- Wash any porch furniture.
- Consider power-washing your walkways, driveway, and outside of house.
- Make a note to repaint house or house trim, if necessary.
- Make notes about any repairs to be done on this part of your house.
- Make plans to clean the gutters if necessary.
- Step inside the door and check rooms to your left and right. If you can close a door, don’t bother with the junk behind it for now. If not, make sure you work on those rooms now.
- Check throw rugs. If they’re old and gross, remove, replace, or clean them.
- Dust the front entry area thoroughly.
- Wash any windows in the front entry.
- Move any debris that doesn’t belong (get out your D-Day kits for this).
- Do a detail vacuuming, then wash your hard surface floor or shampoo or spot clean any carpeting.
- Wash, dust, or dry clean shades or drapes.
- If a stairway is visible from the entry, clear it of stuff and vacuum, sweep, dust.
- Add lighting if your entryway is dim.
Day 67: feng shui entry cures.
Day 68: maintain the entry.
Day 69: decorate your entry way.
Nest Month 3
What to do so far:
In case you missed a day, the reminders below are clickable.
Make your house your sanctuary.
Don’t let The Angel bedevil you.
Evaluate your entry.
Use a checklist to clean and clear your entry.