SOS: Day 37
Seven more reasons to get active.
You already know many of the benefits of exercise–losing weight, feeling better, fighting heart disease. In 2010, an article by Laura Landro in The Wall Street Journal explored some of the lesser known benefits of exercise proven in medical studies.
A few quotes from the article that should get you off the couch:
“Medical experts say inactivity poses as great a health risk as smoking… While reducing obesity is an important goal, ‘the better message would be to get everyone to walk 30 minutes a day’ says Robert Sallis…”
Research also shows that exercise:
1. Significantly lessens the symptoms of the common cold.
2. Decreases depression as effectively as Prozac or behavioral therapy.
3. Reduces the risk of developing Alzheimers disease by 40%.
4. Lowers the risk of recurrent breast cancer by 50% and
5. Lowers the risk of colon cancer by over 60%.
6. Lowers risk of stroke by 27%.
7.Reduces incidence of high-blood pressure by 40%.
SOS Month 2
What to do so far:
In case you missed a day, the reminders below are clickable.
Mitigate your snoring.
Work out to dance DVDs.
Exercise for the fun of it.
Remember some of the lesser-known benefits of exercise.